1-1075 Westport Cres

Mississauga Ontario L5L 1E8 Canada

Emergency 24/7

Home is where the heart is! This is why we take care of our home in the best possible way. Whether it is maintaining cleanliness, getting it professionally cleaned or scheduling a regular visit from an exterminator to get rid of infestations. But as our homes and buildings start getting older, they are often prone to mold formation. Mold formations can occur right under your nose without you even realizing it until you or your family starts showing allergic reactions. Some of the first symptoms of mold are a musty or earthy odour in your home and wall markings that may feel damp or slimy.

Mold can be defined as a fungal growth that is commonly observed in houses and buildings. It usually occurs due to high moisture caused by leaking pipes, damp places like basements, or because of seeping rainwater which causes significant damage to the roof and window frames. Contrary to popular belief that mold only grows in older buildings, mold can also grow in newer buildings, especially if the water used when the structure was built is still drying out. Another reason for mold is excess condensation indoors caused by numerous factors like cooking, showering, drying clothes indoors and breathing without adequate ventilation. No matter what the reason may be, it is extremely important to get rid of mold as soon as it starts occurring. Mold present in your home can expose you and your family to serious health implications. These include not only an allergic reaction, but also serious respiratory problems like an asthma attack. Prolonged mold exposure can result in permanent lung damage.

To combat the effects of mold in your home, an action plan for mold removal is a must. Mold can occur in a variety of places and can have different colours and odours, although some molds are odourless too. Molds can spread rapidly by producing small spores used for reproduction. Inside homes, they can spread from one part of your home to another through the air. They usually settle on damp and wet surfaces which have high moisture levels. This is why water damage can result in mold.

A mold outbreak that has already reached alarming levels needs urgent attention and remedy. If you notice signs of mold around your home or suspect mold in your home or basement, it is imperative to get immediate attention from professional mold removal services. Have them inspect your home for signs of mold before it transforms into a big threat. Get professional help from a trustworthy and experienced mold specialist like ONT Restoration. ONT Restoration has helped several Mississauga and Toronto homes with mold inspection, cleanup and removal from their homes and basement


CALL


EMAIL


MAP