Many homeowners put a lot of time, effort, and money into making sure that their homes are spotless. However, just because it is clean on the surface, that does not mean that they don’t have mould growing in places that they don’t know about. Mould is not only unpleasant to the eyes but can jeopardize your health.
How Does Mould Grow In Your Home?
There are a number of reasons mould can form in your home. This includes but is not limited to:
- You have an older home
- A mould food source such as cotton in your walls
- Warm and moist places in your home
- Places in your home that don’t get enough light
Common Forms Of Mould In The Home
- Alternaria: This is the most common form of mould in the home. It creates black spots on your walls and shower.
- Chaetomium: Chaetomium is caused by moisture in your house’s drywall. It is usually identified by its musty smell, and most prevalent in common areas.
- Fusarium: Fusarium mould grows in cold and wet areas of the home, and often forms in carpet or any thick fabrics that you may have around your home.
Health Issues & Mould
Mould can cause a number of health problems, which include allergic reactions, asthma, sinus issues, and lung infections.
How Can I Remove or Prevent Mould?
There are a number of ways that you can get rid of and prevent mould from growing in your home.
Hire A Mould Removal Service
Hiring a mould removal service will ensure that any mould problems you have are professionally dealt with. These professionals have the experience and knowledge to identify what kind of mould issue you may have, how it started, how to get rid of it and give your tips on preventative measures that you can do to ensure your home is mould-free.
Use a Dehumidifier
To help stop or reduce mould growth in your home, you should try using a dehumidifier. Dehumidifiers help remove any moisture in the air, which is the main food source for mould.
Clean the Small Mould Spots That You Can See
If you are cleaning and you notice small mould spots, you should clean them right away. If you don’t address them immediately, they will continue to spread and require professional removal services. To remove these spots, use a mixture of hot water and a disinfectant like bleach.
At ONT Restoration, we make it our goal to restore your spaces back to pristine condition. Whether it is a flood or an out of control mould problem, we are equipped with the knowledge and experience to ensure that all your issues are remedied.